Monday, October 29, 2007

Procedure for Germinating Radiated Seeds... An Experiment

The procedure for properly completing this project is not that difficult, but at times is a little time consuming. First, I went and purchased radish, sunflower, and tomato seeds. Then, I took one type of seed, and microwaved a few seeds for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 45 seconds. I then completed this another two times, giving me my three trials. After, I performed the same process for the other 2 types of seeds. After microwaving the seeds, I planted the microwaved seeds, and the non-microwaved seeds in soil, labeling each by their seed type, microwaved time, and trial number. Then, I watered the plants each day. When the first plant sprouted, I recorded which day it was on (after plating), and the plant height (cm). I did so for each plant until all of the plants had sprouted. During the process, I made several observations about the rate at which the plants were growing. After the sprouting process was complete, I compared the rate at which the plants sprouted, observing how some plants unexpectedly sprouted faster than others.

Other posts on germinating radiated seeds:

Abstract for Science Fair: Germinating Radiated Seeds
The Research Paper: Grand Summary
Materials for Science Fair: Germinating Radiated Seeds
Science Fair: Germinating Radiated Seeds
Hypothesis for Science Fair: Germinating Radiated Seeds
Plan for Science Fair Project: Germinating Radiated Seeds
Procedure for Science Fair: Germinating Radiated Seeds
Procedure for Germinating Radiated Seeds... An Experiment
More of tracking progress in germinating radiated seeds
More of tracking progress in germinating radiated seeds - 3
Some History on the Experiment
A Conclusion to my Experiment about Germinating Radiated Seeds
Works Cited List for Science Fair Project: Germinating Radiated Seeds
Works Cited List for Science
Works Cited List for Science Fair: Germinating Radiated Seeds

No comments: